Bookings for the Student Conferences will close 5 days before the event. If you would still like to make a booking please email StudentConferences@admin.cam.ac.uk
How to book
Bookings are limited to 25 places for year 12 students from each school or college. Please also select a Main Contact Teacher ticket, even if you are not attending on the day.
Bookings for the Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences are now open. To make a booking, please select the conference you wish to attend:
- Edinburgh - Friday 15 March 2019
- Swansea - Monday 18 March 2019
- Birmingham - Tuesday 19 March 2019
- Aintree - Wednesday 20 March 2019
- Newcastle - Thursday 21 March 2019
- Lisburn, NI - Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Epsom - Wednesday 27 March 2019
- Epsom - Thursday 28 March 2019
Information you will need
The following information will be require in order to make a booking and to reserve places:
- Main teacher contact name and email address
- Additional teacher contact name
- Full name of school/college
- School/college Department for Education Unique Reference Number (URN)
- Student name
- Student date of birth
- Student postcode
- Students gender
- Student medical condition, disbaility or special educational needs , if applicable
Please note the deadline for reserving student places is Monday 26th February. After this time you will only be able to book tickets by entering full student information. Any bookings for reserved places made after this date will be automatically cancelled.
If you would like to provisionally reserve places at a Student Conference before confirming the student details please fill in the booking form for the conference you wish to attend, using the following details for the student fields:
- Student name: Reserve Student
- Student date of birth: 00/00/0000
- Student postcode: XX00 0XX
- Please select 'Prefer not to say' for gender and reasonable adjustments questions.
Once you have completed the booking with the above information, you will have two weeks to log back into Eventbrite and update the booking, ensuring the full details of each student attending have been entered. If we do not receive the updated booking form within the two weeks, your reserved places will be cancelled. Your booking is not confirmed until you have provided full details for each student attending.
It is imperative that bookings are updated with full and correct student information. We scan our booking data to check for mistakes, and if we find incorrect or inaccurate information you will be contacted to amend it.
If you do not need all reserved tickets you originally booked, these will be deleted from your booking after two weeks, so they are released back into the system for others to use.
In order to edit the details of the student(s) attending the conference once a booking/reservation has been made, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to Eventbrite
- Select the person icon in the top right corner
- Select 'Tickets'
- Select the booking you wish to edit
- Select the‘Edit’ button on the right hand side
- You should now be able to amend your student names and details
Do students need to be accompanied by a teacher at the events?
No, students can attend without a teacher but they must bring the e-ticket received by the teacher who made the booking with them in order to gain entry. If students are attending unaccompanied, please still register a 'Main Contact Teacher' ticket but select 'not attending'. Please note, Oxford and Cambridge universities are not responsible for students attending the conferences beyond our legal requirements as event organisers.
If you have booked the maximum 25 places, but would like to request more student places please download and complete the form below, and return it to StudentConferences@admin.cam.ac.uk. We allocate extra places on a case by case basis.
Receiving your ticket
A confirmation e-ticket email should be sent to you shortly after you have submitted your booking request. If this has not happened, you may have mistyped your email address or there may be an error with the booking form. If your e-ticket has not arrived 24 hours after you made your booking, please contact the Student Conferences Team on 01223 765514.
On the day of the event, each attendee needs their own ticket with them. Please make sure each student and member of staff have the most up-to-date version of their ticket.
Please see the FAQs page for further information.