This residential will give Year 12 (or equivalent) students the opportunity to experience life as a university student and engage with their subjects in depth. Participants will stay in St Catharine's College and attend academic taster sessions to develop their critical reading and thinking skills, explore the city with current Cambridge students (including going punting!), speak to Admissions Tutors about the application process, and meet other students from across the UK with similar interests.
All meals, accommodation, and activities will be free of charge. Students will need to arrange their own travel to and from the residential in Cambridge. However, St Catharine's can cover the cost of travel for successful applicants who:
- are currently eligible for Free School Meals (or have been in the last 6 years);
- are living, or have lived, in local authority care.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a UK state school student in Year 12 (or equivalent), predicted to receive AAA or above at A-Level (or equivalent). There are 20 places available and priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- No parental history of Higher Education
- From an ethnic group currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Eligible for Free School Meals (or have been eligible for Free School Meals in the past)
- Live in an area with low rates of participation in Higher Education
- Live, or have lived, in local authority care.
- Live in a postcode in IMD Quintile 1 or 2
- Young carer
How to apply: Online webform here (via the St Catharine's webpage event description)