This Summer School will feature a range of different Arts and Humanities subjects, themed around Italy. Students will stay for three nights at Selwyn College where they will be immersed in university-style teaching, meet current undergraduates and experience life at a top university such as Cambridge.
Participants will travel (virtually) through the Italian peninsula with University of Cambridge scholars as their guides, covering subjects including Linguistics, Film Studies, Languages, Art History, Archaeology and History. The Summer School has been designed to match as closely as possible a real Cambridge student’s experience and so will include lectures followed by supervisions (small group teaching sessions) as well as seminars and workshops.
There are only 30 places available for this Summer School so we encourage students to apply soon.
Requirements for applicants:
- Currently in Year 11 (or equivalent)
- Studying at least one language GCSE (or equivalent)
- On track or predicted to get at least 7s or As in 5 subjects at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Will be taking A Levels/International Baccalaureate/Scottish Highers next year
Recommended but not required:
- An interest in Arts/Humanities subjects
- An interest in applying to the University of Cambridge