The Somerville English Tutors would like to invite state school 6th formers studying English at A level (or equivalent) to their university taster day. The day is intended for students interested in reading English at undergraduate level and considering an Oxbridge application.
Activities throughout the day will include:
- A general introduction to the study of English at Oxford
- Taster classes with tutors on literary topics from the Anglo-Saxon period to the present day
- Informal meetings with current and recent English undergraduates
- A Q and A session on Oxford application and admissions process
- A visit to the English Faculty
- Tours of the college
- Lunch in the Somerville dining hall
Places are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
The deadline for registration is Friday 14th June.